Friday, May 26, 2017

The Glory of Friendship



"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, 
nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; 
it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one 
when you discover that someone else believes in you 
and is willing to trust you with a friendship."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cleaning the area around my rose bush in the front, waiting for the sun to rise. With all the rain and sunshine lately, I have work to do, but the work is satisfying.

I am thinking of my classmate Susi who lives in Washington State. She is my gardening mentor. Her plant knowledge and landscaping abilities are remarkable. She works hard, yet still finds time to believe in me. Often when some plant in the garden delights me, I send a thought of gratitude westward to her.

People who help us, who inspire us, change our lives forever. And if we are lucky, they remain life-long friends.

Rose petals in sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment