Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Extraordinary Opportunity

 This morning's prayers are whispered to the fog and light. Carry my thoughts like swirls to the sky...
I woke up this morning with the thought, maybe today a sunrise....

We are covered with fog. And the birds continue to sing sweetly...
My brother has been sending me Hawaiian sunrises and I have been adding his thoughts to the photos and sending them back to him. The collaboration revitalizes my creativity. Makes me look deeper, experiment with my work. Last night I found this new application and added the words to my photo.

Above the fog, the sky is blue. "Hope for the sun," I say aloud...
Often, I think the sun will rise and it simply cannot make it through the heavy clouds. Light comes, sure. But this morning, the birds stopped singing for a moment. A pause of thick anticipation...

I am not disappointed.

Finally, after days of waiting, my sunrise. Streams of light, peace and patience. The fog makes the sun glow even more. The birds are singing like angels.

"Whenever you see darkness,
there is extraordinary opportunity 
for the light to burn brighter."
 ~ Bono

No comments:

Post a Comment