Thursday, December 17, 2009

To Be Loved, As To Love


"Make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow
love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt,
faith;
where there is despair,
hope;
where there is darkness, light;and where there is sadness,
joy.

O
heavenly Father, grant that I
may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to
understand;
to be loved, as to
love;
for it is in
giving that we receive,
it is in
pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying
that we are born to eternal
life."
~ Prayer of
St. Francis of Assisi




Time helps you see things clearer.
I said this prayer every day
when I attended St. Francis High

I still find my way back.
Meaning resonates 
Words comfort 
And my hope for peace remains.


No comments:

Post a Comment