Monday, December 5, 2022

The Right Use of Strength

 

Vulcan Park, Birmingham, Alabama

"Greatness lies not in being strong,
but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher

Strength goes beyond physical power. It is about utilizing all our abilities, whether physical, mental, or emotional, for the benefit of others. It includes standing up for ourselves and others, taking on challenges, and pursuing our passions with purpose. True greatness lies in the right use of strength, which is to make a positive impact on the world around us.

This photograph captures the 56-foot-high Vulcan statue atop Red Mountain in Birmingham, Alabama. The Vulcan is the largest cast iron statue in the world and was created by Italian sculptor Giuseppe Moretti for the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis. The statue represents the Roman god of fire and metalworking, symbolizing Birmingham's origins in the iron and steel industry.

The statue stands just a few blocks from my apartment and I see it every day. With his spear pointed towards the sky, the Vulcan reminds me of my inner strength and resilience. The sight of the statue inspires me, and its presence reminds me that I am close to home.

View From Vulcan Park

♥ My Society6 Art Gallery \(‾◡◝ )/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment